The most suitable finance option for your business depends on many things, including:
- how much funding you need
- your current business revenue or if you’re a new business
- whether or not you’re willing to offer personal assets as security – this can make it easier to get funding but is
- risky if you’re not able to maintain payments
- whether or not you own a business property – this can make it easier to get funding
- whether or not you’re willing to sell shares
This guide explains the different types of funding available.
What is the BBF?
Better Business Finance provides impartial information and support to businesses and entrepreneurs looking to develop and grow; whether the business is seeking finance, or starting out or exporting abroad, BBF is here to help.
It was set up by Barclays, HSBC, RBS, Lloyds and Santander.in 2011 and is managed by the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) in collaboration with its business and finance partners.
BBF was created to bring to life the recommendations of the Business Finance Taskforce, which was set up by the major banks to work together to help support the UK’s small and medium-sized businesses who are vital to our economy .